Poole & Kent Company of Florida has vast understanding of the filtration process in both water and wastewater treatment plants. We have worked on several facilities where the filtration is a vital part of the project.
We recently expanded our filtration portfolio and expertise with construction of one of the largest deep-bed sand filtration systems in the United States – the focal point of a $628 million high-level disinfection (HLD) project in Miami. This project speaks to P&K's depth of knowledge and experience in a field where projects containing 10+ milestones and multiple completion phases are required.
Another noteworthy filtration project Poole & Kent has worked on is the Tampa Bay 66 MGD Surface Water Treatment Plant in Brandon, Florida. The project was delivered swiftly through one of the largest water treatment design-build-operate agreements in the nation; the innovative plant uses high-rated ballasted flocculation, ozone disinfection, and biologically activated carbon filtration to produce drinking water better than federal and state standards at just 53.9 cents per 1,000 gallons.
The surface water plant was the linchpin of Tampa Bay Water's master water plan and winner of the Associated General Contractors of America 2003 Build America Award for Municipal & Utilities – New.
Our unique coordination abilities allow us to manage immense projects with across-the-board efficiency and on-time precision.
P&K Filtration services
- Acquiring, coordinating and installing pumps, engine, and electrical controls
- Scheduling, delivering, and placing large volumes of concrete
- Construction of complex geometries, including second-placement concrete in complicated shapes
Partial listing of P&K filtration projects
- WTP Filters Rehabilitation – West Palm Beach, Florida
- Fiveash Water Treatment Plant Filter Rehabilitation – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- East WRF Filters Rehabilitation – Clearwater, Florida
- Howard F. Curren AWTP Denitrification Filter Media Replacement – Tampa, Florida
- Punta Gorda WWTP Filtration and Disinfection Improvements – Punta Gorda, Florida
- South District WWTP 135 MGD Filter System – Miami, Florida
- Southwest WRF Expansion – Cape Coral, Florida
- Fiveash WTP Upgrades, Phase 1 – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Fiveash WTP Filter Rehabilitation – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Naples WTP Filter Upgrades – Naples, Florida
- Glades Road WTP Membrane Softening Addition – Boca Raton, Florida
- Springtree WTP Expansion – Sunrise, Florida
- Bee Ridge WRF Expansion – Sarasota County, Florida
- Tampa Bay 66 MGD Surface WTP (Design-Build) – Brandon, Florida
SDWWTP HLD Upgrade to 285 MGD Filter System - This project is one of the largest deep-bed sand filtration systems in the United States consisting of 30 cells measuring 15.25 feet by 88 feet with six feet of sand filter media and with space for future expansion
Aerial of the Filter System at South District