|In June 2013, P&K completed the satellite chiller
plant project for Florida International University as
Poole & Kent’s extensive experience in the construction field makes us uniquely qualified as Construction Manager.
We know what it takes to self-perform the work which allows us insight in managing construction projects.
We have performed as Construction Manager or Construction Manager At-Risk on facilities where a large part of the contract work is mechanical in nature.
In June 2013, construction was completed for Florida International University’s satellite chiller plant. Upon build out, it will be the largest standalone central energy plant in the State University System. Read more about this significant project here.
As construction manager, we understand the importance of teaming with the Owner, engineers, architects, general contractors, and subcontractors to create the best working environment. Our accomplishments as construction manager have lead to several construction management projects for Florida International University, including three previous chiller plants totaling an installed capacity of 15,500 tons
A quick overview of P&K services and advantages:
- Complete end-to-end construction management and procurement
- Design-build review services and permitting
- Project commissioning and start-up
- Bid-build work is performed "at risk", unlike many contractors
- Subcontractor pre-qualification, selection, and management
- Accurately estimate costs and perform work on-time and under-budget
- Ability to self-perform 100% of the work - all trades!
- Fully licensed Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Site Utility and Pollutant Storage Contractor